Saturday, December 3, 2011

Funny Friday 3

Funny Friday....one day late.


Blake is really enjoying comics lately. When Brad was his age he had a favorite comic series....so Blake told me he is really glad Dad let him read his "Calvin and Hobles" (pronounced Hob-Less). He has since figured out that there is no "L."


On Sunday, we were blessed to see our friend Hannah get baptized. We were invited to join their family and friends for lunch that afternoon. We had been there for about 20-30 minutes when Hannah's uncle and aunt arrived. Her uncle is a man of large stature, with balding white hair and a long, thick white beard. Beau looked up from playing with toys in the living room and said to the man, "How long have you been here?" With a puzzled look the man replied, "A while." Beau continued, "I missed you very much!" Now baffled, the man said, "Ok?" Brad quickly said, "Beau, who is that?" As you can guess, Beau answered, "Santa Claus." The man looked down at Beau and sad, "You behave," and Beau said, "Yes Sir."


Beau told me this week that when he grows up he wants to be a Firefighter and a Transformer. He then told me that when he is a teenager he will have a race car and drive from the Race Car store to his Firefighter Station and then to his Transformer Station. On the way to school he even pointed out "His" firefighter station where he will drive his race car and then he will go to the Transformer station next. How about that ambition!


We have been reading our Christmas books this week. One night we read "Mater Saves Christmas" based on the "Cars" movie. I was using special accents for each character as I read. The three boys and I had a laughing fit when in my best Mater voice I sang "Oh timing belt, oh timing belt, how lovely is yer rubber!" and "All I want for Christmas is my two front tires..."


Yesterday on the way to get the dry cleaning, JJ decided she would be my baby. She rode in Beau's car seat all the way there from Beau's preschool. Crazy girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment