Friday, December 2, 2011

Midnight snack


Secret Elf has been so busy lately, I guess he needed to do a bit of relaxing. He was found having a mid-night snack with remote in hand.


I'm still deciding whether this photo represents Brad being a "good sport" or a "die hard history nerd." He gave up his seat to the elf, but he sat in the floor in front of the TV to finish watching yet another documentary on JFK assassination. Haha. I love this dorky man!!


We have begun our 25 days of Christmas activities.


Today's activity was to decorate a wreath for the boys' doors.




My kids had their first introduction to a hot glue gun. Morgan was in awe....of course they arranged and I did the gluing, but maybe (just maybe) this will be the start of a crafting interest?!?



Beau's wreath is decorated with trains and tracks. He woke up this morning saying "I'm glad I have my train wreath!"



Mo, AKA Captain America, filled his wreath with Nerf bullets and we tied a gun to the center. I love how he chose to arrange the bullets.


In true Blake fashion, he built a solid, organized structure of legos on his wreath, complete with a couple of battle scenes between characters.






We also read "Mooseltoe" about a daddy moose with a LONG mustache who gets everything ready for Christmas, but forgets to get a tree. It was a great lesson for Blake in using strategies to realize that no one is perfect and when things go wrong there is always something we can do to make the outcome a little different (his strategies are red arrows represent things we cannot change or control....green arrows represent things we can do differently or ways we could make things better). Mooseltoe used a great big green arrow!!! I love how God puts teaching moments into our day when we least expect it. Morgan chose the book tonight, and it was exactly what Blake needed. And THAT is why HE is praiseworthy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment